Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Light Photos

         From this light project I learned how the angle, brightness and amount of light effects a photo and the shadows created. My first attempt didn't go so well; I had too much light and tried the photos in a room with lightly colored walls, reflecting all the light back to the object rather than on one side to create a silhouette. When that failed, I decided to take my table lamp and cover the bottom and insides with tinfoil so I'd get a direct shot at whatever I pointed the light at. My sister and I grabbed all the stuffed animals from her toy box and went outside at 1:30am to take the photos. It worked! We had a mini puppet show as I posed the animals and took the pictures while she held the light under my direction. Sometimes the angle would be too acute, not making a defined shadow, or had double shadows that weren't very dark, but in the end I got some good photos. It was only once it started to rain and we didn't want to electrocute ourselves that we went inside where it was very dark and used a flashlight. It worked just as well. But, the experience was fun, so it all turned out in the end. (:










No comments:

Post a Comment